Here’s the deal dads: Poor planning can cause you to use your credit card a lot and even make you late paying bills.
So, we present five helpful tips from Evolve Money. The tips can help you stick to a vacation budget and plan for timely bill payments.
- Plan ahead and book promptly. The ideal vacation is one that is planned in advance and booked right away. The sooner you plan, the more money you can save. For instance, if you decide to head to the beach for the Fourth of July, book your trip immediately so you don’t miss out on the best deals.
- Travel during down times. Some of the best vacations are ones you have when no one else is there. While the Fourth of July with friends at a popular campground can be a great time, it also can be the most expensive time to be there. To avoid paying extra, try planning vacations during the week, at the beginning or near the end of the summer, or other off-peak times.
- Avoid costly hotels. Summer is a time to be adventurous outside. Instead of staying at a hotel with luxury spa and fitness accommodations, look for alternatives such as cabins, bed and breakfasts or even houses for rent.
- Take care of your bills. Paying your student loans or gas bill should be the last thing on your mind on vacation, but if you fail to make a payment, you could be charged with late fees. Plan ahead for your bills by using a mobile bill payment tool such as Evolve Money. It’s free and easy to use so you can focus on your summer fun.
- Look for discounts. Summer is the season for destination discounts. Take a look at airline, travel, hotel and attraction websites. Some offer reduced rates at certain times during the season, and many offer bundled discounts.
When it comes to planning for a cost-effective summer vacation, a little due diligence can save you a lot of money.