Fury's promoter confident Wilder rematch will happen in US before June

Frank Warren has revealed a deal for Tyson Fury
to rematch Deontay Wilder
is nearing completion with Las Vegas
being touted as the likeliest destination to stage the event. 
Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua
had been hopeful of luring Wilder into a fight for all the marbles at Wembley this April but the chances of that fight happening now appears dead in the water with the WBC champion prioritising a rematch with Fury after their controversial split decision draw last month.
Fury and Wilder are currently in the midst of negotiations and promoter Warren is confident of securing a deal for the rematch to take place before this summer in the US.
Warren had initially explored the possibility of bringing Wilder across the Atlantic for the rematch after he claimed Fury was 'robbed' by the judges in their first fight in Los Angeles, but admitted the financial pulling power of the US made it hard to look elsewhere.
'We're trying to make that fight at the moment, everyone wants the fight and most importantly the fighters want it,' he told ESPN

'The venue is looking like the US, that's where the money is. Tyson was disappointed with the judging with the last fight, as was I, so a lot of things need to be sorted but the US is where they want it, probably in the second quarter.
'Vegas would be one of the options. I wouldn't want to go back to California, I didn't like working with the Californian commission and there were a lot of things we didn't like there.
'Tyson is already in the gym working hard, ticking over, and I think we would get it [the fight versus Wilder] before June.'
The news leaves Joshua, who had been keen to face either Wilder or Fury in his next outing, in limbo with only Dillian Whyte and Jarrell Miller his remaining viable options.
Warren however, claimed Joshua's intentions to fight Wilder and Fury were not genuine as his promoter Eddie Hearn does not want to risk him losing.
He believes the WBO, WBA, IBF and IBO champion will rematch rival Dillian Whyte next, despite the Brixton fighter slamming the 'utterly ridiculous' deal which was offered to him by Joshua's team
 on Friday.
Warren added: 'He [Eddie Hearn] says all these things, but what he says and does are two different things. He [Eddie Hearn] said he wanted the fight for Joshua with Wilder last year when there was $80m on the table, but it didn't happen.
'Joshua will fight Dillian Whyte [at Wembley Stadium, London, on April 13], or Jarrell Miller next. We all know that.
'We're not complicated, Tyson is the most uncomplicated person you will meet, and he will fight anyone.
'He went to Germany to fight Wladimir Klitschko and he went to America to fight Wilder. It's Barry and Eddie Hearn's agenda that complicates it. Joshua is their cash cow and they want to keep milking it.'
Comment

No comments found