Saudis defend probe into Khashoggi murder

The head of the Saudi human rights commission says the kingdom has brought perpetrators of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi to justice and rejected any international role in the probe.
Bandar bin Mohammed Al-Aiban told the UN Human Rights Council that those accused of the 'heinous crime' and 'unfortunate accident' at its Istanbul consulate on October 3 had attended three hearings so far with their lawyers present, but gave no names or details.
'Therefore what is being conveyed by certain media regarding the need for us to internationalise some of these matters is something we do not accept because such demands amount to interference in our domestic affairs and in our domestic judicial system,' he told the Geneva forum.
Comment

No comments found